Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Mitchell Report Illustrated


I recently acquired a variety of pulp magazines for research purposes and was delighted to discover this hilarious illustration triage job, which also put me in mind of a certain document...

Blogging was light last week, and I hope to make up for it in the next few days.

Image: Cover Illustration Tearsheet, Astonishing Stories, March 1942. A Popular Publication, Toronto, Ontario. The illustration is uncredited, although the inside front cover explains that "...the cover and story illustrations...are created and painted by a group of outstanding Canadian artists." The damaged cover has been lovingly if crudely restored with magic markers on a separate sheet inside.

2 comments:

scartoonist said...

Your erudite and at times astonishing blog may be lost on some but not on me. It's a feast for the eyes and mind.

Will you kindly consider trading links to with my blog? I think our audiences would enjoy aspects of both.

Take a look...

http://floatinglightbulb.blogspot.com/

Best,
Ben

DB Dowd said...

scartoonist, very gracious of you. Your blog is hilarious and obscure in the right proportions. Sure, let's trade--I'm in.