Sunday, May 25, 2008

Back at it


It's been quiet over here at GT for the last six weeks or so, partly due to the end of the semester and its attendant chores, but also partly due to the dawn of my sabbatical leave which runs through the balance of this calendar year. I am working toward a disciplined use of my time. So I will try to stay active in blogospheric dimension of my work, but won't promise much, because I am committed to putting together sustained effort in my studio work and practice as a critic during these upcoming months.

I'll provide more information as I go, but am beginning work on a work of visual reportage in a graphic novel format. I have been drawing on location for the first time in a long time, and have already found it to be restorative. Recently, I've been working at a shopping mall.

I have a backlog of posts to get to, and will work on getting some things up in coming days.

Image: DB Dowd, Heavy Woman with Receipt, sketchbook drawing, May 2008.

3 comments:

Bill Koeb said...

That is one beautiful drawing. Best of luck with the project.

Bill

David Apatoff said...

Glad to hear you're setting aside time to draw. I know how tough that is. We look forward to seeing the results.

DB Dowd said...

Thanks, gents, for the encouragement! It's so good to be back at work...

DB