Monday, November 3, 2008

New Site: dbdowd.com

It's been an active stretch in my world. Soon I'll report on the transition that has been occurring in my work, visible in slow motion to regular GT readers. There's more to it than media or style, and I'll get to an explanation of it presently. But I'm in the thick of an Election Day project (a post describing it late today). So in the meantime, please have a click over to my new portfolio site which replaces Ulcer City. All of the work shown has been made since the end of July. All of it appears just as it looks, either drawn or painted on the open pages of my growing library of sketchbooks. One piece was made yesterday. Visual and personal fermentation aplenty.

Many many thanks to my intern Sarah Richardson for yeoman's work on this project!

Comment especially welcome.

4 comments:

eben said...

hey db.
congrats on the new portfolio site. the work looks great. since you asked for comments, i have one critique, the prev/next arrows are small and right next to one another (i didn't even see them at first, then i misclicked). i recommend making them bigger/easier to click, or have the big image clickable to advance to the next one.

DB Dowd said...

Alex: Thanks for the note. We'll have a look...

Bob Flynn said...

Nice sketchbook site. I noticed you redirect from Ulcercity...is it officially kaput?

The images read sharp and clear. I like the simplicity of the site structure, too.

NicoMc "the Illustrator" said...

Your Illustrations are incredible! I hope you'll check out my drawing portfolio someday & give me some critiques. Site is http://nicomcdesigns.blogspot.com