Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Speaking in New York on March 11


Have been a little quiet last week or so. I'm traveling to New York for a few days, and will be giving a talk in the Illustration Department at Parsons School of Design, part of the New School for Social Research.

The talk is Thursday, March 11, at 7:30 pm. Titled "Face Value." I'm going to discuss observation and socially-grounded reportage, among other things. I'll be reading from Visit Mohicanland and screening Scenes from Starkdale, Ohio.

Venue is at 66 West 12th, room A510. The presentation is open to the public.

Image: D.B. Dowd, Air National Guard, February 2010.

2 comments:

sunilo said...

I plan on attending. Looking forward to hearing you speak!

Sunil

DB Dowd said...

Sunil, that's great. I look forward to seeing you!