Friday, July 23, 2010

New Essays Page


Back from ICON 6, tying up some loose ends. I am working on an article version of my talk from the conference, entitled Illustration on Mars; Expedition to an Unseen World. When I have it ready, I'll post it.

In the meantime, I have been working on finishing out the new site I launched last week. One of the ideas I thought I'd try is to re-present some of the writing I do here in a topical format. (Blogs are fun, but the organizational format absent intervention is based on time, not content. The most significant fact about an essay is when it was written, not what it was about.)

On my studio site homepage, there is now a link to Essays on Graphic Culture, which (for now) features 8 Graphic Tales pieces, marked by title. You can access the essay on a page within the site by clicking on an icon. Links still appear within the body copy, so you're not imprisoned on the site. I am hoping that the page will make some of this material more approachable.

No comments: