Saturday, November 5, 2011

Baltimore Lecture Nov. 8


I will be speaking this coming Tuesday, November 8 at the Maryland Institute College of Art. The talk is a companion piece to the graduate seminar I'm teaching at the school to the new MFA students in Illustration Practice, which I mentioned in my last post.

I'll be talking about the history of illustration, and specifically the reportage tradition. But I will also–really primarily–be discussing my new Spartan Holiday project, now weeks away from availability. The poster at the top of this post, designed by Bryn Freeman, includes an image from Issue No. 1, Shanghai Pictorial. (The same image is shown below, sans text.)

The talk is scheduled for 7:00 pm on Tuesday the 8th. It will take place in the Main Building Room 110. If you're in the Baltimore area, please stop by!

No comments: