Saturday, December 3, 2011

Context is Everything

On the drive east to see my folks for Thanksgiving, we stopped to refuel off Highway 70 near London, Ohio. I had several pressing concerns at the time, like Are we out of corn nuts?! and other sundries. Given my rate of coffee consumption, it also felt as if a rhinocerous was sitting on my bladder. And then I was confronted by the sentiment shown above:

LIFE: measured by the...moments...that...take our breath...away

with the word spacing provided by grout and a particularly aggressive form of justification.

My breath was taken away indeed.

The intersection of folk and commercial speech. Totally fabulous, if bonkers.

Sorry about the focus. It was a busy room!

1 comment:

RISD Setting the Site Class said...
This comment has been removed by the author.