Thursday, May 3, 2012

Dry Spell


I'm not sure if I've ever gone a whole month without posting since I launched this blog in the summer of 2007. Not a single post last month. Like Albert Pujols, late of the World Champion St. Louis Cardinals, now of the Los Angeles Angels, who failed to homer in the month of April. May is three days old and still the Halos wait. El Hombre shown above having waved at one in a losing effort against the Cleveland Indians on April 29, 2012. Go Tribe, Go Cards.

I bear Pujols no ill will, but I do think he will regret having not re-upped with the Cardinals. In an era of constant shuffling between teams, Pujols could have logged his whole career with a single club, the storied Cardinals, and entered the Hall of Fame like a latter-day Stan Musial.

Photo credit: Chris Assenheimer, Elyria Chronicle-Telegram, April 30, 2012. (Assenheimer gets the byline for the article, and there are plenty of photos, sans credit; I'm assuming he covered the game all around. That's a guess.)

1 comment:

Catherine Laton said...

Hey Doug,
We were at the game to witness the end of the dry spell. Pure fan mayhem.
Catherine